JPF Quotes WordPress Plugin
Originally named “Joe’s Quotes”, this plugin shows your favorite random quotes along with a picture of the person saying the quote. Easily expandable to contain quotes from any person/character. Version 3 includes an options page and uses CSS for formatting.
It can look many ways as you can change the formatting, I’m using it with the default settings here.
Note: Tested with WordPress versions up to and including 2.3
Install is easy.
- Download and expand jpf_quotes.zip.
- Copy the entire jpf_quotes folder to your WordPress plugins folder.
- Enable the plugin in your WordPress Plugins admin page.
- Choose how you’d like the plugin configured on the JPF Quotes configuration page in your WordPress Options admin page.
- Add <?php jpf_quotes(); ?> to your sidebar, or wherever you’d like the quotes to appear.
The default download includes the following files for the Simpson’s Quotes package:
If you don’t want Simpon’s quotes displayed, delete these files. Adding quotes is easy. Simply download one of the expanding list of quotes packages:
- Arthur C Clarke (contributed by Ted Schober)
- Baruch Spinoza (contributed by Ted Schober)
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- George W. Bush
- Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey (contributed by Phil Scoville)
- Family Guy
- How I Met Your Mother
- The King James Bible
- Lazarus Long (contributed by Ted Schober)
- Lewis Carroll (contributed by Ted Schober)
- Mark Twain
- My Name is Earl
- Spike Milligan (contributed by Brad Levin)
- Sri Sri Ravi Shankar (contributed by EncGuano)
- Star Trek
- Thomas Paine
- William James (contributed by Ted Schober)
- Rodger W. Hancock (contributed by Rodger W. Hancock)
Expand the zip file and copy the files into the jpf_quotes folder. That’s all their is to it. If you’d like to make your own, simply create a text file with the name of character, then a tab, then the quote text. One quote per line. Then create a picture, GIF or JPG with the exact same name as the character name in the text file. See some of the available quotes packages as an example. If you create your own, consider submitting it here so others can benefit from your efforts as well. Just e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted: 06 October 17
Viewed: 40,954 views